Providing CFO services in Southern California
Los Angeles, CA CFO
35 Years of Experience
office (818) 436-0781
San Diego State University
Certificates & Licenses:
QuickBooks Point of Sale
Adaptive Planning Implementer
ProVisors -- Westlake Village VIII
Contact Chase Morrison and receive a free Discovery Analysis™
- A confidential meeting with the business owner(s), then interview company staff.
- Look at the company’s financial information and computer systems.
- Benchmark financial information against industry averages.
- Create a confidential report of our findings in The Strategy Gameplan™
Chase has over 30 years of experience delivering accounting, management reporting, operational execution and financial planning expertise to clients in a variety of industries including government services, manufacturing, Internet startups and nonprofits. He is able to combine his extensive financial management experience with his technical business solution abilities to produce tools and processes that help clients more effectively manage resources and create value. He is especially skilled at helping clients bring accountability to planning through inventory and cost management, profitability analysis and project execution.
Throughout Chase’s career, he has been involved in operational business management for firms of varying size, with a focus on producing actionable business intelligence. Access to more insightful business intelligence helps clients make better decisions affecting profitability, cash flow and working capital and debt management. Chase utilizes various tools to help clients remain focused on critical success factors including balanced scorecards, dashboards and other reporting tools that strengthen linkages between strategic intent and operational performance.
Chase also has extensive experience generating annual and strategic business plans that provide the basis for a myriad of different uses including day-to-day operational management, loan package preparation, project management, resource allocation guidance as well as business restructuring and divestitures. He is then able to seamlessly integrate financial planning with actual results and produce the feedback clients need to react quickly when business activity is impacted by changes to demand, pricing, cost, efficiency and other factors.
In addition to his analytical skills, Chase managed aspects of financial and administrative management for many of his clients running the gamut from general accounting, payroll supervision, auditing, AR and AP, insurance and real estate lease negotiation, IT management to accounting system implementation.
Chase is part of Intuit’s Premier Reseller program and is also a QuickBooks ProAdvisor, certified on the latest versions of QuickBooks Pro, Premier and Enterprise products along with Point of Sale and QuickBooks Online editions. To learn more about the QuickBooks services Chase provides, click here.
In the Southern California region, Chase has built an extensive network of specialized service providers that can be accessed for a variety of business needs including lenders (conventional and alternative), attorneys, real estate brokers, insurance agents, accountants, and many others. He earned his BS degree in Business Administration from San Diego State University in 1980. Both he and his wife reside in Northridge, California where they remain very busy raising their middle school-aged triplet sons.
Contact Chase (818) 436-0781
An alternative to manual spreadsheets and expensive enterprise software, Adaptive Planning is an affordable, easy-to-use, rapidly deployable solution that allows companies and nonprofits of all sizes to enhance the strategic value of their finance organizations and elevate their CPM cycle.
Adaptive Planning’s solution provides extraordinary value compared to both spreadsheet-based planning and enterprise software alternatives. The software provides a complete, integrated application for budgeting, forecasting, reporting, consolidation, and dashboards that requires only a web-browser to be used. The look and feel of a spreadsheet, power of a multidimensional database application, and easy-to-use drag-and-drop functionality have been combined to produce a very effective CPM tool.
Planning & Reporting Challenges
High-quality financial management is essential for competitiveness, but most companies are not operating at a world-class level. Budgeting is slow, re-forecasting is infrequent, monthly reports lack key information, and what-if analyses are incomplete or impossible. Worse yet, the processes are devoid of inspiration and do not surface creative new thinking. In fact, Jack Welch describes the budgeting process at most companies as “the most ineffective practice in management.”
No one’s happy. FP&A teams would like to save time, eliminate errors, and make higher-level contributions. Business managers want a less intimidating, less time consuming process that helps them run their businesses better. And CEOs and other executives want to improve participation, alignment, and consistency, ultimately driving greater strategic value.
What’s holding companies back?
There are several key issues:
- Pervasive use of spreadsheets. Despite their shortcomings, over 75% of companies still rely upon spreadsheets for planning and reporting. Traditional BI & BPM alternatives are simply too expensive and complicated for most companies.
- Lack of collaboration. Midsized and large companies cite “lack of collaboration” as their biggest planning and reporting challenge. In addition to rolling up numbers, they want to foster more dialogue and communication—but the current approach clearly isn’t working.
- Limited adoption of best practices. Many financial managers would like to overhaul their existing approaches and adopt best practices; however, they are not sure where to start. Ideally, they would like a “map” for improving their processes, and would like to know what has been successful for others—but their peers are in similar situations.
Introducing Connected Intelligence
Adaptive Planning addresses these obstacles with an inspiring new approach to planning and reporting—“connected intelligence.” With Adaptive Planning, companies can elevate their financial management by creating better connections—within financial plans and reports, between organizations and teams, and among professionals across the globe.
Adaptive Planning delivers this through a unique set of capabilities that includes:
- Automated Budgeting, Forecasting & Reporting. Powerful, affordable, and easy to use alternative to both Excel and enterprise BI / performance management software.
- Private Team Collaboration Spaces. Integrated capabilities that improve communication and alignment among organizations and participants in planning and reporting processes.
- Public Best Practices Community. An online community that allows financial executives worldwide to connect with each other, access and share best practices materials, and tap into benchmarking information.
Compared with traditional enterprise software, Adaptive Planning’s modern software as a service (SaaS) approach offers numerous advantages, including:
- Lower costs
- Faster deployments
- Greater ease of use
- More transparency
- Lower risk
- Higher customer satisfaction